Kupwara, July 24 : In yet another glaring example of negligence by power development department, a lineman of the department died due to the electric shock while he was repairing a local transformer here at Devar Lolab in this north Kashmir on Monday.
According to news agency GNS, the Line man identified as Mushtaq Ahmad Lone (35) son of Ghulam Ahmad Lone, a resident of Inderbugh, Lolab was burnt to death due to severe electric shock when he was repairing an electric transformer at Chopan Mohalla in Diver village.
While the lineman was repairing the transformer, suddenly current came, leading to his on the spot death. In fact, he was burnt alive, reports said. the incident triggering off a protest demonstration in the area and locals demands stern action against those behind the incident.
In a heart-wrenching incident, a 38-year-old laborer Mushtaq Ahmad Bhat was electrocuted while working on a high-voltage transmission line summer capital Srinagar in March this year.
Mushtaq’s body remained hung on the line near Budshah Chowk for around one hour after receiving the electric shock, and was desperately seen waving his arms for help.
Since January 1 this year, Kashmir has witnessed at nearly a dozen tragic incidents in which these men, who lit up the lives of others, were either electrocuted or become permanently handicapped, while on job. (GNS)
2015 Kashmir Despatch