Kupwara, August 18: An 85-year-old man died of electric shock in frontier district of Kupwara on Tuesday.
An official told Kashmir Despatch that an elderly man this afternoon suffered an electric shock at his residence at Kalmoona Kupwara.
The injured was rushed to nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
A police officer told Kashmir Despatch that the tragedy took place when the deceased came in close contact with the electric wire in his bathroom. The officer identified deceased as Mohammad Yaseen son of Lass Pir of Kalmoona. He said a case in this regard has been registered and further investigation has been initiated.