NIA, today (22.5.2019) filed the Charge Sheet in Case no. RC-37/2018/NIA/DLI, which relates to an attempt to carry out attack on a Police Party at TRC(Tourist Reception Centre), Srinagar, J&K on 24th Nov 2018 by militants belonging to Islamic State of Jammu and Kashmir(ISJK).
Initially, a case FIR No. 93/2018 dated 24-11-2018 was registered by J&K Police at PS Kothibagh, Srinagar. Accused persons namely (i) Tahir Ahmad Khan s/o Ali Mohd Khan R/o Chandrigam Tral, Pulwama, (ii) Haris Mushtaq Khan s/o Mushtaq Ahmad Khan R/o Wathura, Budgam and (iii) Asif Suhail Nadaf s/o Latief Ahmad R/o Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, had been arrested by local police immediately after the incident.
During their search, two pistols, fourteen live rounds and three hand grenades were recovered from their possession along with an ISIS flag. The case was subsequently taken over by NIA for investigation as RC-37/2018/NIA/DLI dated 13.12.2018.
2. During investigation by NIA, accused Asif Majid Khan s/o Ab. Majid Khan R/o Deviangan, Sangeen Darwaja, Hawal, Srinagar was arrested on 25.12.2018. He was involved in harbouring the other co-accused persons. One illegal12 bore single barrel gun without number and two KF-12 cartridges were recovered on his disclosure.
3. Investigation further revealed that accused persons namely (i) Tahir Ahmad Khan (ii) Haris Mushtaq Khan and (iii) Asif Suhail Nadaf were active cadres of Islamic State Jammu & Kashmir (ISJK), a Kashmir based terrorist affiliate of proscribed International terrorist organisation ISIS. Investigation unearthed a larger conspiracy of these terrorist elements propagating Pan-Islamic ideology of ISIS by recruiting and radicalising Kashmiri youth towards Jihad and targeting security forces.
4. It was also revealed that three other accused persons in the case namely Ishfaq Ahmad Sofi @ Abdullah, Pervez Ahmad Bhat @ Khubaib @ Haider and Asif Nazir Dar @ Anwar were killed during different encounters that took place between the ISJK cadres and security forces across the Kashmir valley.
5. The Charge-Sheet has been filed in the Special NIA Court, Jammu against available accused persons namely (i) Tahir Ahmad Khan, (ii) Haris Mushtaq Khan, (iii) Asif Suhail Nadaf and (iv) Asif Majid Khan u/s 120B, 34 r/w section 307 RPC, sections 18, 19, 20 and 38 of the UA(P) Act, Section 4 of the Explosive Substances Act and Section 7, 25 of the Arms Act.
- Further investigation is continuing.