Handwara, August 19: A 21-year-old youth on Wednesday wounded after suffering an electric shock in north Kashmir’s Handwara village.
Reports reaching Kashmir Despatch said a 21-year-old labourer was injured after he came in contact with a live wire while he was installing street lights at Magam area of Handwara on Wednesday afternoon.
However, the injured was rushed to the nearby hospital for treatment.
A police officer told Kashmir Despatch that a labourer identified as Tahir Ahmad Mir son of Ghulam Rasool Mir of Tumpora Magam received an electric shock at Magam village during work, officer said the injured has been taken to hospital where his condition is said to be stable. The officer added a case has been registered in this regard.