Poonch, Jul 18 : Three persons including mother – son duo received serious burn injuries in a fire mishap which broke out inside a kitchen due to gas leakage in Salwah area of Mendhar in Poonch district on Thursday evening.
Reports reaching said that the fire broke out inside a residential house at Salwah area due to gas leakage. In the meantime, the family members tried to douse off the flames, resulting in burn injuries to three persons.
The injured identified as Zaheer Ahmad son of Altaf Ahmad, his mother Tazeem Akhtar wife of Altaf Ahmad and Rashid Ahmad son of Hakim Din. The injured persons were immediately rushed to Sub District Hospital Mendhar for treatment.
BMO Mendhar Dr. Parwaiz Ahmad Khan told that they have received three persons with burn injuries.
The trio after being operated was referred to District Hospital Rajouri, the BMO said.
According to officials, the injured were later shifted to Government Medical College Jammu for specialized treatment.
The conditions of the injured persons are stated to be serious, they said. (GNS)