Kashmiri separatists Sunday called for a complete shutdown tomorrow (Monday) over the death of a Kashmiri driver from Botengoo, Bijbehara, who was among the two drivers who were attacked by petrol-bombs by a mob in Udhampur in Jammu province earlier this month. Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Yasin Malik told KNS over phone that people should observe complete shutdown to protest the death of Zahid Rasool Bhat. Hurriyat (G) Chairman Syed Ali Geelani to KNS Geelani said: “I appeal to the people of Kashmir to observe complete shutdown against the murder of Zahid Ahmad by a violent mob in Udhampur.” Hurriyat (M) chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq called for complete bandh over the death of Zahid. Kashmiri Economic alliance also called for complete shutdown over the death of Zahid. Zahid Rasool Bhat from Botengoo, Bijebehara in Anantnag district, who was critically injured during the attack, succumbed at a Safdargunj Hospital in New Delhi, while his associate Showkat Ahmad is also admitted in the same hospital and his condition is reported to be stable. Meanwhile, five out of eight persons, accused of being involved in an attack on a truck on Srinagar-Jammu highway at Udhampur on October 9, have been booked under Public Safety Act, a government spokesman said.
2015 Kashmir Despatch